General terms of sale
Individual tickets and group activities
The present conditions are applicable from 8 October 2021.
Article 1: Purpose
This document defines the terms and conditions linked to the purchase of tickets on the website http://mahj.tickeasy.com of the musée d’art et d’histoire du Judaïsme, association loi 1901 (state-approved not-for-profit organisation), 71 rue du Temple 75003 Paris, Siret no. 348 435 108 000 17, hereinafter referred to as the “mahJ”. These contractual conditions apply by rights and without restriction to all purchases and orders of tickets made at the ticket desk or online. The mahJ reserves the right to adapt or modify the present general terms of sale at any moment. The conditions applicable are those in force on the day of purchase. The visitors' regulations will be applied during the visit.
The client acknowledges have taken cognizance of the present general terms of sale prior to validating his or her order. Validation of the order indicates acceptance of the general terms of sale without exception by the client.
Article 2: Information on tickets on sale
The following individual ticket are on sale online:
- Twin admission to the permanent collection and temporary exhibitions, full rate, reduced rate and free
- Free admission to the permanent collection 18-25 years
- Admission to temporary exhibitions, full rate, reduced rate
- “Guided visits” and “Extramural tours”, full rate and reduced rate
- “Saveurs du Marais extramural tour”, full rate and reduced rate
- “Guided visits for families”, full rate and reduced rate
- “Workshops for children” and “Workshops for families”, full rate and reduced rate
- “Cuisine workshops for families”, full rate and reduced rate
- “Adult workshops 1 session”, full rate and reduced rate
- “Adult workshops 3 sessions”, full rate and reduced rate
- “Colloquiums”, free, full rate and reduced rate
- “Readings”, full rate and reduced rate
- “Panel discussion-readings” and “Performances for families”, full rate and reduced rate
- “Panel discussions”, “Film shows”, “Lectures” and “Panel Discussions”, full rate and reduced rate
- “Film-concerts”, full rate and reduced rate
- “Concerts”, full rate and reduced rate
- Ami du mahJ card (young, single, duo, donor, benefactor and patron).
The following tickets for online visits for groups are on sale online:
- “School group”
- “School group REP”
- “Out-of-school group”
- “Student group”
- “Persons with disabilities group”
- “Socio-cultural group”
- “Adult group”
Subject to availability, admission to certain events is free on presentation of a valid museum admission ticket.
Depending on the current museum programme, specific tickets can be put on sale online and the present terms and conditions apply by rights.
Admission to the permanent collection is free on the first Saturday of each month from October to June and the “Shabbat est une fête” visit, at 3pm, is free (no reservations possible).
Article 3: Ticket prices
Ticket prices are those indicated on the website at the time of order. They are indicated in euros inclusive of all taxes.
There is a management fee of 0.50 € per ticket. The total price on validation of the order, management fee included, is the definitive price inclusive of all taxes. This price is stated in the email confirming the order and the order summary.
The mahJ’s ticket rates may be subject to modifications. In case of modification, the ticket rates applicable are those in force when the order is made.
The museum proposes several rates depending on the type of visit or activity and the age or status of the beneficiary of the admission ticket. Visitors liable to benefit from reduced rate or free admission must present proof of identity and the relevant documentary evidence at the museum’s admission control.
Tickets, except those for activities in the auditorium, provide no-queuing access at the time indicated.
Article 4: Order, payment and validation
On the http://mahj.tickeasy.com website, the client chooses an event/exhibition/service and date. The client must accesses his or her personal space or creates one. The client then makes payment. A confirmation email is sent to the client, followed by another containing the tickets in PDF format. It is also possible to print the ticket(s) from one’s personal space or keep them on one’s mobile phone.
The entire range of individual tickets can also be purchased at the mahJ’s ticket desk Tuesday to Saturday from 3pm to 5pm, or by phone on 01 53 01 86 57, Monday and Wednesday from 10.30am to 1pm. The client chooses an event/exhibition/service and date and makes a secure payment by credit card by phone. A confirmation email is sent to the client. To obtain a reduced rate or free admission ticket at the museum’s ticket desk, the client must present documentary evidence.
To obtain all group visit tickets the client fills in a reservation form online and obtains a booking voucher indicating the price rate, date and time. Payment of the reservation can also be made at the museum’s ticket desk Tuesday to Saturday from 3pm to 5pm, or by phone on 01 53 01 86 57, Monday and Wednesday from 3:30 pm to 5:30pm. The client then makes a secure payment by credit card and receives a confirmation email. The client must pay for the activity at the latest 8 days in advance in order that the reservation remains valid and be maintained.
Payment of tickets can be made by the following means at the client’s discretion:
- At the mahJ’s ticket desk: by credit card (Carte Bleue, Visa, Eurocard, Master and American Express), in cash or by cheque in euros, by chèques Ca Do, chèques culture and chèques vacances. ,
Change of up to 2 € is given for chèques vacances. No change is given for chèques culture, CA DO chèques culture and CA DO chèques sélection.
- By phone: payment by credit card only. The data concerning the credit card is kept only for the duration of the processing of the order; on the website: by credit card (Carte Bleue, Visa, Eurocard, Master and American Express).
The mahJ uses the services of the Payzen company for all payments made on http://mahj.tickeasy.com, a secure website that encrypts the client’s credit card number.
A ticket order is definitively confirmed and validated and commits the mahJ only on reception by the client of the email confirming that the order has been validated.
The confirmation email acknowledges receipt of the order and contains a link to the client’s personal space where the ticket can be downloaded. The client then receives a second email containing the tickets in PDF format.
Article 5: Obtaining tickets
Individual tickets are delivered to the client’s personal space. They must be downloaded on mobile phone or printed on white A4 paper with the bar codes and details perfectly legible.
When purchases are made at the mahJ’s ticket desk, tickets are given directly to the client. When purchases are made by phone, tickets are kept at the client’s disposal at the ticket desk.
If clients wish to participate in a guided visit in the mahJ with an external lecturer, they must reserve their visit by filling in an online reservation form (https://www.mahj.org/en/contact).
All tickets are systematically checked at the entrance to museum spaces, workshops or activities. The ticket is personal and non-transferable.
The ticket must be kept until the end of the visit, event, workshop, etc., and can be checked at any moment.
Non-thermal tickets must be presented either on the client’s mobile phone or printed on white A4 paper with the bar code and details perfectly legible. Any partially printed, soiled, damaged or illegible ticket will not be accepted.
Any free admission or reduced-rate ticket must be presented with documentary evidence justifying free admission or a reduction.
The ticket is valid only for the activity and period stated when ordered. Paris Museum Pass holders and holders of tickets sold with no stated day or time (tickets sold in bulk) must reserve a visit time online at no extra charge and show the ticket and the reservation time at the ticket check with documentary evidence of either the reduced rate or free admission.
Notably, during temporary exhibitions, when the ticket is time and date-stamped, the visit time corresponds to that of the ticket holder’s entry into the temporary exhibition, possible until 30 minutes after the time indicated. Admission to other spaces (the permanent collection, foyer, contemporary gallery) takes place during the day, with no time constraints but subject to the maximum capacity of each space. Beyond the time reserved for the exhibition visit (more than 30 minutes late), access is no longer guaranteed.
The use of the ticket implies compliance with the visitors' regulations.
In case of non-compliance with one of the conditions stated in the present article, the mahJ reserves the right to refuse admission to the visit or event concerned without the visitor being able to demand a refund.
Article 7: Fraudulent use
It is strictly forbidden to duplicate or counterfeit a ticket in any way.
Any person who illegally reproduces a ticket and/or uses a counterfeit ticket exposes themself to criminal proceedings.
The mahJ will refuse admission to the museum to anyone with a ticket with a bar code that has already been scanned.
It is strictly forbidden to resell a ticket at a price higher than that stated on the ticket.
Article 8: Loss and theft of tickets
The mahJ declines any responsibility for the loss or theft of ticket(s), including within the site concerned.
Article 9: Withdrawal, reimbursement and cancellation
The following conditions of withdrawal, reimbursement and cancellation are applicable to all tickets sold by the mahJ.
In accordance with article L.221-28 of the Consumer Code, tickets issued by the mahJ are not subject to the right of withdrawal.
Tickets purchased online or by correspondence are neither reimbursable, taken back nor exchanged, even if the ticket has not been used by the client, except when the corresponding service has been cancelled by the mahJ.
If an event is definitively cancelled, the reimbursement will be made only to the initial purchaser against return of the ticket.
Only the price of the ticket will be reimbursed. This excludes management fees, which are kept by the mahJ. No ancillary expenses of any kind (cancellation insurance, transport, hotel, parking, etc.) will be reimbursed or compensated for.
In order to be admissible, reimbursement requests must include printed up-to-date bank account details and must be made within a maximum delay of 2 months following the cancellation of the event (auditorium, workshops, guided visits, etc.).
Any request not fulfilling these terms will be rejected.
In the event of a postponement, the mahJ will propose reimbursement of the ticket or its postponement to the new date scheduled for the event.
Group activities can be cancelled only if the following terms are complied with. Groups having reserved activities with mahJ lecturers must inform the mahJ by email by writing to email@example.com at least 7 days before the date of the activity, in order that the service provided should not be invoiced.
Only the price of the ticket will be reimbursed, excluding the management fee of the online reservation, which is kept by the mahJ. No fringe expenses of any kind (bank transaction charges, cancellation insurance, transport, hotel, parking, etc.) will be reimbursed or compensated for.
In order to be admissible, reimbursement requests must include printed up-to-date bank account details and be made withing a maximum delay of 2 months following the event’s cancellation.
Any request not complying with these terms will be rejected.
Any delay of more than half an hour can entail the cancellation of the service provided and its payment will remain acquired by the museum.
If the event is cancelled by the mahJ, the reimbursement will include the ticket price and the management fee (0.50 €). Postponement to a later date can also be agreed.
Article 10: Collection and delivery methods
The purchaser can collect tickets at the museum’s ticket desk from Tuesday to Sunday during museum opening hours.
Exceptionally, the mahJ can send tickets by post, in which case it declines any responsibility for the loss or destruction of the ticket(s) and such events will not entitle the purchaser to any reimbursement.
Article 11: Customer service
Article 12: Responsibility
The mahJ can in no way be held responsible for failing to execute or unsatisfactorily executing services to which the purchaser of the ticket is entitled, either imputable to the client or due to an unforeseeable and insurmountable act of a third person, or in case of absolute necessity, the latter being defined as such by jurisprudence and the French courts.
Article 13: Processing of data concerning the client
To conduct ticket sales and notably online sales, the mahJ collects, saves and processes the client’s personal information in a client file.
This file enables the mahJ to:
- Register the order,
- Print the ticket(s),
- Establish the invoice and, if necessary, reimburse the order,
- Communicate information concerning the museum’s and the Fondation Pro mahJ’s activities, customer loyalty development, appeals for donations, special offers and customer surveys by email to clients who have not indicated opposition to this or have accepted to do so,
- Communicating data concerning clients who have consented to this to our partner institutions, to enable them to send information on educational activities and cultural mediation that may interest them.
Legal basis of data processing
- Processing orders: the legal basis of this data processing is the execution of a contract (Cf. article 6.1.b of the EU General Data Protection Regulation),
- Communicating information and offers by email concerning products analogous to those ordered by clients, sending appeals for donations and customer surveys: the legal basis of this data processing is the legitimate interest of the museum (Cf. article 6.1.f of the EU General Data Protection Regulation), that is to promote our activities and those of the Fondation Pro mahJ to our clients,
- Communication of the email address to partner institutions: the legal basis of this is the client’s consent (Cf. article 6.1.a of the EU General Data Protection Regulation), as stipulated by article L. 34-5 of the Post and Electronic Communications Code.
Categories of data collected
- Identity: marital status, name, first name, address, delivery address, phone number, email address.
- Data concerning orders: transaction number, details of purchases, purchase amounts, data concerning payment of invoices (payments, overdue payments, discounts), return of products.
- Data concerning means of payment: credit card number, expiry date and security code (which is immediately deleted).
- Data necessary for undertaking customer loyalty development and marketing initiatives: purchase history.
The data saved is used solely by the mahJ’s communication and accounts departments. Data can be communicated to the mahJ’s computing subcontractors, notably the publisher of the tickets and the client relations services intervening in the purchasing process, communicating information, appeals for donations and customer surveys.
Duration of data retention
- Data necessary for processing orders and invoicing: during the entire duration of the commercial relationship and ten (10) years to fulfil accountancy obligations.
- Data necessary for customer loyalty development and marketing initiatives: during the entire duration of the commercial relationship and five (5) years dating from the last purchase.
- Data concerning means of payment: this data is not kept by the mahJ or the Fondation Pro mahJ; it is collected during the transaction and immediately deleted on payment of the purchase,
- Data concerning lists of clients opposed to receiving publicity and marketing communications: three (3) years.
You can access data concerning you, alter it or delete it. You also have the right to portability and the right to limit processing of your data.
To exercise these rights or for any question concerning the processing of your data, and notably:
- If you no longer wish to receive information, special offers and appeals from the mahJ and the Fondation Pro mahJ (exercising the right of opposition or withdrawal of consent already given),
- If, having consented to your data being communicated to our partner institutions, you wish to change your mind and no longer receive information and appeals
You can contact the mahJ’s ticket service:
- By post: mahJ – Billeterie – 71, rue du Temple, 75003 Paris, France
- Online: https://www.mahj.org/en/contact
If, having contacted the mahJ, you consider that your “Information Technology and Liberties” rights are not being respected, you can register a complaint online to the National Commission on Information Technology and Liberties.
Article 14: Contractual documents
The contract consists of the following contractual documents:
- The present general terms of sale
- The list of ticket rates and free admission conditions
Article 15: Integrality of the contract
If, for any reason, one of the general terms of sale should be declared inapplicable, this inapplicability would not affect the application of the other articles of the general terms of sale, the one deemed inapplicable being then replaced by the closest term possible.
Article 16: Applicable law - settlement of disputes
The contract is subject to French law.
In the case of a dispute or complaint, the client should contact the museum as a matter of priority to achieve an amicable solution. Disputes fall under the jurisdiction of the Paris courts.